5 000 lbs WLL - D.E.W. Line - Dielectric Helicopter Longline
Price per unit
Shipping lead-time to be confirmed
Barry offers unique, specialized and state-of-the-art helicopter longlines which are used in proximity of energized power sources.
Various materials fabricated with proprietary coatings and technology serve to provide additional safety to workers in this environment.
These specialized longlines, developed to be used on 735 kV in wet or dry conditions, remain dielectric and are easy to inspect and maintain.
The D.E.W. (Dielectric Even Wet) Line is the most advanced helicopter longline available. The ultra-high strength load-bearing synthetic rope is completely encapsulated in a proprietary thermoplastic extrusion resulting in a longline that is dielectric even in humid conditions.
- Dielectric under wet conditions (ASTM F1701-12: passes all dry and wet electrical tests)
- Sealed construction keeps moisture and dust out
- No flutter when flying
- Requires minimal inspection
- Wear indicator
- Extremely light compared to steel cable
- Includes 16 mm (5/8") alloy pear ring at top end
- Easy storage in provided transport bag
- Rope length
- Color coded
- Accessories (rings, hooks, etc.)
- Increased maximum lifetime of 6 years (4 years at 5,000 lbs WLL plus 2 years at 3,000 lbs WLL)
- Minimum 7:1 safety factor
- Permanent ID tag and top-end indicator
- Certificate of compliance issued with each longline
- User instructions manual included
- Complies with U.S. DOI ARA 1406-08-80 and ASME B30.12-2011 Synthetic Rope Longline Requirements
- # LLJZ: Longline jacket with single zipper, to integrate electrical wire
- # LLJE-CABLE: Electrical wire 14/3 Ga flexible wire, 105°C to -50°C, RoHS, 300v, SJTW or SJOOW (can be installed with LLJZ jacket or in spiral around the rope)
- Both options require using a weighted end-cover (# LLEC-W25-NDR5)
D.E.W. Line - Helicopter Longline - 16 mm (5/8'')
Working Load Limit: 2 268 kg (5 000 lbs) for 4 years, plus 1 361 kg (3 000 lbs) for 2 additional years @ 7:1
Minimum Breaking Strengh: 15 876 kg (35 500 lbs)
|BLLNDR-5000||D.E.W. Line - Helicopter Longline - 16 mm (5/8'')||30|
- Standard lengths: 50', 75', 100', 125' and 150' (Other lengths available upon request)
Customers who bought These Products Also Bought:
Helicopter Long Lines and Cargo Nets Links
Dyneema® is a trademark of DSM. Use of this trademark is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
Technora® is a registered trademark of Teijin Ltd.
Note: Barry offers expert advice and quality products to corporations and government entities. Orders are subject to minimum quantities.
Note: This information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice.
Note: Prices on the Barry website are subject to change without prior notice and must be confirmed by Barry prior to an acceptance of your order.