Reporting to the Sewing Department Supervisor, the primary responsibility of this position will be to assemble Barry's sewn products in collaboration with other team members in the sewing department and other production departments.
Main tasks associated with the position:
- Prepare raw materials according to production sheets
- Assemble products on various types of sewing machines, following assembly instructions
More specifically, the tasks related to the position consist of:
- Verification of sewing department inventories and tracking of inventory as needed.
- Mobility to other production departments (nets and ropes) as needed. Ability to perform other manual labor and stand up work.
- Participate in product development and improvement.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Barry offers a support and integration program, so we will consider any combination of relevant training and experience:
- Ideally a first 2 years experience in industrial sewing is desired in a comparable industry, either in the production of industrial textile products, security products or bags.
- Lesser experience related to training in sewing or any related field may be appropriate.
- Fluency in French for both verbal and written communication, English is an asset.
- Demonstrate functional use of sewing machines (plain, walking foot, tacker) and cutting equipment (electric vertical knife).
- A training period of at least 3 months is planned in the company.
The incumbent will communicate primarily verbally and in writing.
- The work requires continuous physical effort, dexterity and precision.
- The work requires mental effort such as concentration, sensory attention, managing stress that may arise from short deadlines and the like.
Conditions under which the work is performed:
- The work will be done in the factory.
- Autonomy, punctuality, initiative, integrity and honesty
- Ability to adapt, attention to detail, humility and leadership
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Salary: Competitive (According to experience)
Industry: Manufacturing (Rope, Netting and Textile)
Barry Cordage Ltd
6110 boul. des Grandes Prairies
Montreal (Quebec) Canada, H1P 1A2
Telephone: 1-800-305-2673 Extension: 231
Job Offer - Industrial Sewer