The Advanced Fall Prevention Principles for Engineers is aimed at engineers who are called upon to design and certify fall protection systems. At the end of the training session, participants will be able to understand the challenges involved in fall prevention.
Level: Fall Protection Qualified Person
Number of participants: maximum of 12
Length: 3 days
- Master the principle of eliminating fall risks at the source
- Know best practices in the field of fall protection
- Know the resources and the tools available in the field of fall prevention
Theme 1 References
- An Act respecting occupational health and safety
- Regulation respecting occupational health and safety
- Safety Code for the construction industry
- CSA Z259 Standard
- Internal company policies
Theme 2 Fall Protection Principles and Methods
- Primary and alternate systems
- Means of access
- Elimination of risks at the source
- Standard training plan
Theme 3 Risk Analysis
- Identification of risks during the planning stage
- Identification of risks by users on the ground
- Evaluation of the height of falls
- Suspension, self-rescue and rescue trauma
- Hands-on practice in risk identification
Theme 4 Fall Protection Equipment
- Seven (7) critical elements
- Group protection
- Temporary and permanent anchor systems
- Harnesses, straps as well as retractable and vertical lifelines
- Data Sheet Catalogue
- Hands-on training
Theme 5 Inspection and Maintenance
- Prior inspection
- Formal inspection and inspection record
Theme 6 Design of Fall Prevention Systems
- Engineer's role
- CSA Z259.16-15 Standard
- Hands-on training
Trainer: Marc-André Pilon, Vice President
Request for information:
Advanced Fall Prevention Principles Training for Engineers: 3 days
Fall Protection, Rescue and Diving Equipment Technical Publications
3M ™, 3M ™ DBI-SALA® and 3M ™ Protecta® are trademarks of 3M.
SafeLine® is a trademark of BlueWater Ropes
- Barry sells to companies, professionals, and government only.
- Minimum quantities may apply to some products.
- This information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice.
- Any Barry document received by email, downloaded or printed is uncontrolled.